So I never did write out the recipe for that Dal Makhani I made the other night (how could blogging not be priority #1 in a person’s life!?), and then I used then leftovers of that to smother roasted zucchini boats stuffed with a garlic and kala jeera Basmati pilaf. I wrote recipes for neither of these dishes, which is a damn shame. I’m going to blame a lot of my absentmindedness on the fact that my mind is bamboozled by one new ring on my finger. I am engaged to the amazing woman who changed my life for the better in more ways than I know could be counted; yes, you should be so lucky — she is a yoga instructor who, from the beginning, began improving my health and accompanying me on the dietary forays on which I have jaunted. In addition that and knowing the longest word in the English language,* she’s an actress and singer. Not kidding. #ftw
In my pantry today:
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 large zucchini
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 1″ of a leek, minced
- 1/4 c cream cheese
- 2 c shredded cheddar
- 1/3 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 4 0z can tomato sauce
- 1 4 oz can chipotle salsa
- 1/2 tsp Fiesta chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 diced tomato (garnish)
- 1/4 c minced cilantro (garnish)
- 1/2 c sour cream (garnish)
This spent an extra day not getting written, but only because I’ve got other stuff to do and not because it’s been, like, sitting out on the counter waiting. I don’t have a whole lotta time for soliloquy now either, though, so this is gonna be a quick and dirty recipe rundown:
- Slice leeks and mince roasted garlic. Warm on ML in olive oil for 10m. Increase heat to M. When at full M,
- Add small slices of zucchini and stir fry for 2m. Then,
- Stir in beans. Reduce heat to L and cover.
- Prep garnishes; set aside.
- Mix chipolte salsa and can of tomato sauce together. Heat.
- Make a thick cheese sauce on ML with: cream cheese, cheddar and milk.
- Drizzle some of the salsa/tomato sauce mixture into the bottom of a glass baking dish.
- Smear the inside of a tortilla with cheese. Put in some beanzchini. Fold, place in baking dish.
- Repeat three more times.
- Cover burritos with remainder of cheese sauce and drizzle more red sauce on. Put in a 350° oven for 10m. Serve hot with tomato, cilantro and sour cream to garnish
- 5 spoons!
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged black beans, burritos, Casserole, cheddar cheese, cheese, chili powder, Cook, cooking, corn, cream cheese, Flour tortilla, Home, mexican, olive oil, recipe, sauce, tortillas, vegetarian, zucchini